The other day I ran across a recipe for chickpea sandwich stuffing on allrecipes.com. It called for celery which I am not a fan of but I figured I could leave that out. But, instead of following the listed recipe I was inspired to create my very own chickpea salad.
- 1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup of sweet onion finely diced
- 1/2 of a cucumber, peeled, sliced and then quartered
- 1/2 of a green pepper finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of mayo
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill