Sunday, February 12, 2012

Delicious Zucchini Muffins

I enjoy zucchini bread but I've had a hard time finding a recipe everyone likes so I haven't made any in a while. But this morning I found myself with extra zucchini in my fridge and a craving. So I decided to create my own recipe for zucchini muffins. My 4 year old and husband immediately turned up their noses while my 3 year old snuck a finger into the batter and smiled. Once the muffins were done, however, those upturned noses disappeared in a blink as plates were virtually licked clean. So, I decided to share. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did.

You need:

- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of cloves
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/3 cup of milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup of finely grated zucchini

Pre-heat oven to 375. Cream together sugars and eggs. Add oil, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and baking powder and mix well. Add flour, milk and salt and mix well again. Add the zucchini and mix until combined. Prepare muffin cups then fill 3/4 full with batter. Bake for about 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for posting this recipe. Zucchini combines well with other muffin ingredients. Why not try also bran zucchini muffins. Really tasty. I love them, in the morning, for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete