This is the time of year when everyone shares what they are thankful for. Some people think it's corny or sappy. I think it's a good idea and here's why. Life is tough. It's so easy to focus on what you don't have or what you want that you often forget to be thankful for what you have. So what am I thankful for?
1. My kids. Sure, like every Mom I have moments when ripping my hair out seems kind of irresistible. But I love my kids and smiles and snuggles from my babies can make everything better.
2. My husband. He's a loving father and a good man. He's the kind of guy who will buy a homeless man breakfast when everyone else said no. He recently went out and bought 12 cases of food to donate to a food drive. And he is such a mush ball when it comes to our baby girl, I can't help but smile.
3. Family. The ones I like anyway and they know who they are. ;-)
4. Food in the kitchen and a warm home. I think those are pretty self-explanatory. Lack of food makes me crabby and foggy. And I'm not a big fan of freezing my rear off. I like a certain measure of comfort that includes not getting rained on, a working toilet and a coffee maker.
5. Coffee. Me without coffee is like Bella without Edward.
6. Robert Pattinson, Hugh Laurie, Johnny Depp and Will Smith. Because I said so.
7. Ellen. Because she should be on everyone's list.
8. Chocolate. Does that really need explaining?
9. Cafemom. Entertainment, friendships, wtf? Lol and smh all in one place.
10. A sense of humor.