Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Cereal Bandit

So there I was at the table minding my own business, munching on my Kashi Blueberry Clusters. Suddenly I was approached by a rather short person of the female variety. She looked up at me with big brown eyes and a sweet innocent smile and lifted her little arms. I must admit I couldn't resist such a precious little face and in a moment of weakness I lifted her onto my lap. I should have known better! Oh she began innocently enough, leaning towards my bowl and opening her mouth for a bite. And, again, I was weak and spooned a bit of cereal into her mouth. It was a mistake! Before I knew it this sweet little child had robbed me blind! Or at least cereal-less. With my spoon clutched tightly in those little baby fingers she gleefully helped herself to my breakfast until alas there was but a few soggy morsels floating in a milky sea. Then with one last big grin and a milky kiss for restitution the little thief scampered off to play. And my tummy rumbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment