Sunday, April 1, 2012

Smoothie Pops

It's getting warmer and that means the temptation for cool treats is growing. I'm not above letting us all have a yummy DQ treat and we've been known to flag down the ice cream truck too. But, as a mom I'm always looking for healthy options as well. The selection in the grocery store freezer can often be displeasing. If you do find something kinda healthy, it usually costs a pretty penny. But one day while making my kids a smoothie inspiration struck. Why not turn their beloved smoothies into beloved popsicles? So, I did. And they loved them. Here's what I used:

Ingredients

  • 1 small container of vanilla yogurt
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 cup frozen Maine blueberries (they're sweeter than the bigger berries)
  • 2 cups of milk  
Toss everything in the blender and blend. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze until frozen.  

Easy peasy right?

No comments:

Post a Comment