Saturday, October 15, 2011

Up All Night

No, not the show. Although, it does make me chuckle. Anyway, I meant me. The baby has been restless all night and of course when baby doesn't sleep, Mommy doesn't sleep. And when baby finally does get some rest, you would think Mommy would be passed out too. But, no. I'm not sleep blogging.

So, it's 4:15 am, the house is quiet, everyone else is sleeping and I keep thinking that I should get up and do something. I could tackle a portion of Mt. Laundry, which I really need to do.  But the sound of the washer might wake up my light sleeper. Vacuuming is out for obvious reasons. I could clean the kids' bathroom, but it just seems wrong to scrub a toilet at this hour.  I could...ah who am I kidding? I'm not going to waste quiet time on cleaning.

Maybe I'll go take an uninterrupted shower, a true rarity. I could bury my nose in the newest J.D. Robb book. Which I'm loving by the way. I could go make my daughter's newest tutu or finish my oldest sons' hat. I could do any of those things. If I could open my eyes fully. 

Instead I think I'm going to lay down and hope the baby stays asleep so I can get some rest. I'm going to... *sigh* I'm going to go try to get the baby back to sleep. Does anyone know if they make remote controlled coffee pots yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment