Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Icky Sickies

So, I've been MIA this week as you might have noticed. It's been a bit of a rough week around here. I've had three sick kiddos and one sick me. Luckily my older two kids are feeling much better. They're back to constantly fighting and bouncing all over the place. The baby has been pretty darn miserable. She's been so congested she hasn't been able to nurse or sleep well. But, she finally cleared up enough to get some rest last night and get her tummy full and she's perked up quite a bit today.

It's so hard to have sick kids, especially ones that are too young to understand what being sick means or why they feel so yucky. Mommies are supposed to make it all better and it's heart breaking to have this little face pleading with you to make it better when there's not much you can do. The baby has also decided that boogie suckers (otherwise known as bulb suction) might very well be spawned from Hell itself.

It's hard to take care of kids (sick or not) when you yourself are feeling like poo. But, Mommies don't get sick days of course. So, I'm self medicating with gallons of Egyptian tea which I swear has healing abilities. And in the meantime, I've got some good friends, Sprout, Disney Jr, Nick Jr, Mario on the Wii and a couple shelves full of books to help us get through. And I'm not ashamed to use them! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment