Friday, September 9, 2011

Refreshing The Home

Sometimes it's nice to change things in the house. One new piece of furniture or a new rug can give a room an entirely different look. And it's easier and less expensive than moving when you need a change. I've been thinking about doing some changing in my own home and I thought I'd share some of the things I'm thinking about.

My living room is just that, a LIVING room. That means we spend a lot of time in here and of course my kids want their toys close by. Plus we have books, movies, photo albums, framed pictures, candles and various other bits and pieces that need a place to go. Of course I want something attractive as well as practical. So, I'm looking at some bookcases. I need something with shelves and some doors would be nice as well. Here are some black bookcases with doors that I'm looking at.

My bedroom set is from Egypt and it's beautiful. But, the only dresser is very small. There are two of us and my husband has just as many clothes as I do so we need more drawer space. So, I've been looking at  gentleman's chest furniture . I think some of them go really well with my bedroom set.

And then there's the boys' room. My boys are young and they still want to share a room. But, they each have their own tastes so trying to decorate their room can be a bit of a challenge. They won't agree on one character, sport or theme so I try to keep it somewhat neutral but still incorporate some of the things they each like. I found this really cute lots of dots rug that I think will work really well.

Now I just have to convince my husband...

No comments:

Post a Comment