A Mom on CafeMom shared this idea for potato nachos (Thank you!!!). I've just adapted it a bit to make it a teeny bit healthier and more kid friendly.
4-5 medium potatoes
4 strips of turkey bacon (cooked and diced very small)
1 1/2 - 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used a 4 cheese blend)
- Scrub the potatoes, but do not peel and slice fairly thin.
- Place sliced potatoes in a single layer on a sprayed (greased) cookie sheet.
- Season potatoes with salt and dill.
- Broil in the oven for about 10 minutes
- Remove potatoes, sprinkle with bacon and return to broiler for 5 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and top with cheese.
- Turn off broiler but return potatoes to the oven for about 2 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with ranch dressing and ENJOY!