Thursday, August 11, 2011

Time To Move!

Thanks for the guest post by Jo Levy

When I had my third child I figured it was time to talk to my husband about moving out to the country. We just didn’t have enough space here in downtown Birmingham and since we lived in a state with so many great places to explore I thought it was silly to live all cramped in a townhome. We found an amazing old farmhouse just a few miles outside the city and bought it right away – now we’re knee deep in renovations and I’m really excited to see where the next few months take us! I went to http://www.wildbluedeals.com/wildblue-begin-order.html to see about internet and I’ve already met the closest neighbors which is great but I can only imagine how excited the kids are about having so much great space to roam. They’ve been especially cramped since the new baby came and I’m glad we’ve got the means to give them the kind of house they deserve to grow up in, you know? Does anyone have any tips for living out in the country they could share?

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    New follower from cafemom please come follow me back :)
    http://lifewithtwinsandadramaqueen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't live in the country, but first thing that came to mind was a chore list! With so much land it will be important for everyone to have their to-do's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh neat! I'm so jealous!! I loved living in the country. Can't wait to see pictures. Sorry no tips from me except ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I lived in the country and had tips to share.

    Wendy
    Around My Family Table

    ReplyDelete