Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Teething Bites

Pun fully intended there. But seriously, teething is rough! My poor baby has two bottom teeth and is getting both of her top front teeth. She has been miserable for days. And when baby is miserable, well Mommy is pretty miserable too.

My normally happy baby who loves to play and follows a schedule she has set herself, is now cranky and restless. Her happy giggles and squeals have been replaced by tears and wails of pain. Our new routine is nurse, rock, cuddle, walk, attempt to distract with toys, nurse, cuddle, attempt to distract with food, nurse to sleep, rock, walk, nurse...well you get the idea. And forget about putting her down for a bathroom break. Poor kid shrieked like a banshee.

So my house is suffering, I've developed aches in calf muscles I didn't know I had from all the walking and bouncing and I can barely keep my eyes open to write this. But that's ok. It's nothing compared to what my baby is going through. I just hope it's over soon.

1 comment:

  1. You can't fully appreciate a baby's teething pains until you get a few wisdom teeth popping through- ouch!

    I'm visiting from CafeMom...please feel free to check out my Blogging Network, The Blogging Buddies Social Network

    Great for blog promotion!

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete