Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Aid For Hurricane Irene Victims

Hurricane Irene is gone but she left behind a lot of damage along the East Coast. All along the coast homes were destroyed, roads were washed out, lives were taken and possessions were lost. The pictures are heartbreaking. The Outer Banks of NC hold a special place in my heart and looking at the damage makes me want to cry. I can only imagine how the residents must feel.


This link leads to  a photo gallery of some of the damages caused by Irene. I was going to post a few pictures here, but there are so many that I couldn't choose.

So, how can you help? You can always donate to The Red Cross at http://www.redcross.org/ . There is also a very nice, big hearted lady in VT named Kim who has put together a wish list for the residents of Ludlow. This town has been severely damaged by flooding caused by Irene and Kim is trying to help. You can view the wish list at http://www.walmart.com/giftregistry/gr_detail.do?registryId=86182421248 .

If anyone knows of any other organizations that are accepting donations or goods for Irene relief, please let me know and I will add them.




No comments:

Post a Comment